It is observed that many students in India and their parents lack ample knowledge about scholarships programmes running across the country. They also have very less knowledge about the different types of monthly scholarships that are available for school students in India. Not every family of Indian school student would be aware that there are annual and monthly scholarships for both lesser privileged children and meritorious students. This lack of knowledge restricts and refrains many students from earning scholarships for their education. Talking about monthly or micro scholarships for Indian school students, it is needless to say that these scholarships often play a crucial role in making successful careers of students. Let us take a look at some of the popular scholarships for school students.
1. National Means Cum Merit Scholarshipâ€“The Department of School Education and Literacy offers scholarships for Indian students of Class 9. This scholarship is a merit-cum-means scholarships that aims to give opportunity to meritorious students who belong to families that have annual income less than INR 1.50 lakhs. Through a selection process, class 8 students are chosen for this National Means Cum Merit Scholarship only when they are studying in a government schools and have achieved at least 55% marks in their class 7 result. The students can apply for this scholarship online and win a scholarship of INR 12,000 per annum.
2. NSDL Shiksha Sahyog Scholarship â€“ Many Indian students have been seen struggling to continue their education after class 10 and that makes this scholarship popular amongst the senior school students of the country. To minimize the drop-out rate of students after class 10 and to ensure all students get access to education irrespective of their financial condition, this scholarship is designed for less privileged students of class 11. The NSDL Shiksha SahyogScholarship gives the students the opportunity to achieve academic excellence. School students get financial aid of Rs. 5000after fetching a minimum of 60% in their class 10th final.
3. Auro Micro Scholarships by Sri Aurobindo Society â€“ Serving in the field of education for the past 6o years, Sri Aurobindo Society (SAS) understands and values quality education. Hence, to instill life-long learning motivation in students and encourage them to adopt remedial learning, SAS has designed Auro Micro Scholarships Programme for school students of India. The students can attempt quiz-based assessments by downloading the Auro Micro Scholarship App on their android mobile phone. The students start taking the quizzes from three levels below their present class level thus making the difficulty level of the quizzes rise gradually and giving a boost to their self confidence level.
This monthly scholarship is meant for Indian students of class 6 to 12 and allows them to win a maximum of Rs 1000 per month by succeeding in multiple quizzes. For each quiz, the student gets Rs. 50 after reaching the specified parameter. The amount gets transferred into the studentâ€™s mobile wallet and can be utilized for various educational expenses. The Auro Micro Scholarships is the worldâ€™s first micro scholarship that is one of its kind and promotes incentivized learning amongst students.
4. CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child -
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) offers a scholarship exclusively for single girl child of a family. According to the terms of this scholarship, a girl student can apply for this scholarship if she has passed class 10 examination with at least 60% marks. This is a merit-based scholarship that promotes achieving academic excellence and encourages girl education. This scholarship acts as financial aids for education in class 11 & 12. The applicants must be studying in a CBSE affiliated school with tuition fee of not more than INR 1500 per month. This scholarship for Indian school students has been helping several students who belong to lower income families to pay for their educational expenses. This is also a monthly scholarship where the student wins INR 500 per month.
5. Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities â€“ Scholarships are meant to promote motivation and encourage students to continue their education despite facing any odd circumstances. The scholarship for students of minority Community is also designed to promote the same and to provide an equal opportunity to pursue education for all. The Ministry of Minority Affairs offers pre-matric scholarships scheme for minorities. Students whose annual family income is less than INR 1 lakh per annum are eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship can be applied and availed by students from following minority groups -Christian, Muslim, Parsi/ Zoroastrian, Sikh, Buddhist and Jain communities. This scholarship scheme is offered for students of class 1 to 10and those applying for this pre-matric scholarship scheme for minorities need to have achieved a minimum of 50 % marks in their previous class examination.